Dedication to the memory of

Rudolf and Hilda Kingslake

This volume of essays celebrating the seventy-fifth anniversary of the founding of the Institute of Optics is dedicated to Rudolf and Hilda Kingslake whose association with the Institute spanned almost the entire history.  They arrived in 1929 and remained very closely associated with the department for 74 years until their deaths a few days apart in 2003.;